Basque might mean: Basque language, spoken in the Basque Country. Basque clothing, a type of garment for women. Basque people, the people from that region. Anything related to Basque Country greater region, a region in southwestern Europe within France and Spain.
Clothing is an item or fabric, usually sewn together to cover part of the human body. Humans are the only animals which wear clothing, and all people do wear suitable clothing.
The torso body can be covered by shirts, arms by sleeves, legs by pants or skirts, hands by gloves, feet by footwear, and head by headgear or masks. In cold climates, people also wear heavy, thick coats such as trenchcoats.
Clothing protects the human body from the hot sun and high temperatures in warm tropical countries. Clothing such as thick wool coats and boots keeps the human body warm in very cold temperatures such as in the arctic. To some extent, clothing protects people from damage to their body.
Clothing is also worn for decoration, as a fashion clothing. People from different cultures wear different clothing, and have different beliefs and customs about what type of clothing should be worn. For many people, clothing is a status symbol. It helps people project an image. Often, clothing is a form of self-expression. Adults in different social or work situations present different views of themselves by the clothes they wear. Young people have an entirely different form of dress to express their personalities. Often people will simply follow popular fashion styles so that they will fit in. Clothing is far more than just a means to protect our bodies.
1. Origin of clothing
There is no easy way to be sure when clothing was first developed, because it was prehistoric and clothing is perishable. Some information comes from studying lice. The body louse lives in clothing, and diverged from head lice about 107.000 years ago. This suggests that clothing existed at that time. Other louse-based estimates put the introduction of clothing at around 42.000–72.000 BC.
A cloak made of the fur of squirrels, from a cave in Italy, has been dated to 23.000 years BP, and is possibly among the oldest items of clothing.
2. Things that are not clothing
People often decorate their bodies with makeup or perfume, and they also cut or change the hair on their heads and faces. They might also go in for body modification: tattoos, scarifications, and body piercings. But makeup and tattoos are not kinds of clothing.
Things that are carried and not worn, like wallets, purses, canes, and umbrellas, are called accessories, but they are not kinds of clothing, either. Jewelry and eyeglasses are also accessories that are put on the body. Nail polish is also put on the fingertips and can be interpreted as makeup.
3. What clothing is made of
Clothing is often made of:
- Natural fibres, such as cotton, flax, wool, hemp, ramie, silk.
- Synthetic fabric, such as nylon, polyester, acrylic.
- Clothing in Ancient Greece was usually made out of big rectangular pieces of cloth. The cloth was sewn very little, or not at all. The cloth was then put
- Latex clothing is clothing made out of latex rubber. This clothing includes fetish fashion and BDSM clothing It can also include raincoats, gloves, leotards
- also have many rules about clothing some of the most strict ones involve gold, there are over 160 rules A mans clothing is modest and loose so as not
- The term vintage clothing means clothing from a previous time. This short article can be made longer. You can help Wikipedia by adding to it.
- Wolves in Wolves Clothing is the tenth studio album by American punk rock band, NOFX. Wolves in Wolves Clothing was released on April 18, 2006. The
- A suit is a set of clothing intended to be worn together. It may be a semi - formal lounge suit or business suit It always includes a jacket and trousers
- Fashion is the form of clothing accessories, and furniture. It can be used by everyone. It is related to culture, For example, we have warm clothes in
- also known as a saree or a shari is a type of clothing for women. It is mostly used as a daily clothing in modern Republic of India, Bangladesh, Nepal
- Clothing in Ancient Rome is most commonly known by the toga and stola. The cloth was made from wool, linen or hemp. Cotton and silk were also used, more
- The waistline is the part of a piece of clothing that sits on the wearer s waist. The actual position of the waitline can be different depending on the
- describe him. While all articles of clothing from any time period are studied by academics as costume design, only clothing created after 1858 is considered
- A belt is a piece of clothing worn around a person s waist. They can be used to hold up trousers or skirts, or for carrying things in pockets, such as
- Billabong is an Australian brand of surf clothing which is popular with young people, in particular the Australian surf community, however, more recently
- or how coarse the clothing was related to the season in which it was worn. Heavier clothing was worn in the winter, lighter clothing in the summer. Men
- Away colours are a choice of coloured clothing used in team sports. Throwback uniform Road sports Galleries of historical soccer kits: English clubs
- made by weaving or knitting fibres together. It is often used to make clothing or cover furniture. Cloth can be made from natural fibres or man - made ones
- Fashion models are used to sell clothing or cosmetics. People who make clothing will often use fashion models to wear the clothing they make at fashion shows
- a bag which is part of an item of clothing reached through an opening in the clothing The fabric of the clothing is shaped to make these little pouches
- water and seek medical advice S27: Take off immediately all contaminated clothing S28: After contact with skin, wash immediately with plenty of . to be
- someone who designs things. Some things they might design are: Automotives Clothing Products Movies Commercials Websites Game designer This short article can
- damaged, or to decorate clothing or other fabric items. Cloth patches are rectangles of cloth that are used to cover up holes in clothing and other fabric items
- People use wool fiber to make clothing blankets, and other things to keep warm. It is usually used to make outer clothing but is also used to make blankets
- of clothing It is worn on the upper part of the body. It has no sleeves. In the United States and American English, a vest is a kind of clothing sometimes
- or pants in Canada, South Africa and the United States are a kind of clothing They are worn on the lower part of the body, to cover both legs apart
- Laundry is the washing of clothing Laundry is often done in a special room called a laundry room. Some shared homes have shared laundry rooms. Businesses
- Sportswear is clothing including footwear, worn for playing sports or to exercise. Sportswear includes shorts, tracksuits, T - shirts, polo shirts and trainers
- Abbey Dawn is a clothing line designed by musician Avril Lavigne. It was designed only for Kohl s in the US. The name is from Lavigne s childhood. Her
- Another tradition of Saint Patrick s day is that one has to wear green clothing or they will be pinched. Green is the color of Saint Patrick s day as it
- Topman is the male clothing section of the Topshop franchise. The men s clothing stores are located throughout the United Kingdom. As of 2016, Topman
- Banana Republic is a clothing and accessories retailer. The retailer is owned by Gap Inc.. The restaurant was created by both Mel and Patricia Ziegler
Sock or socks could mean: SOCKS - an internet protocol. Socks cat, the household pet of Bill Clinton, during his presidential terms in the White House. Socks Beverly Cleary a childrens novel by Beverly Cleary. Sock - the item of clothing. Socks Blue Peter cat, a Blue Peter cat.
Users also searched:
asos uk, clothing store, men's clothing перевод, men's clothing, next, petite clothing, www matalan uk, zara uk, Clothing, clothing, next, petite clothing, asos uk, mens clothing перевод, www matalan uk, zara uk, clothing store, zara, store, petite, asos, перевод, matalan, mens, mens clothing,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →