Dave Spud is a British childrens animated series featuring the surreal adventures of the eponymous Dave Spud of Grimsby, his friends and tower block-dwelling family. It was created and directed by Edward Foster, inspired by his 2003 NFTS student short Anna Spud. It was developed into a pilot in 2010 produced by The Illuminated Film Company. 26 11-minute installments were commissioned, whilst the soundtrack was composed by electronic group Basement Jaxx.
★ Free culture
Free culture is a concept and a movement that tries to help people share art very freely. It says copyright laws are too strict and tries to create a less limiting system. The word "free" In "free culture" means "freedom", not price.
The beginning of the movement is connected to Lawrence Lessig who has written a book named Free Culture and started Creative Commons, an organization that supports things like free culture and education. The movement is similar to free software movement but focuses on all art works, e.g. images or songs. Some free cultural works are for example the movie Big Buck Bunny or files at Wikimedia Commons. Wikipedia is also part of free culture because it uses a free license for its articles.
1. The rules
Works, for example movies, that respect free culture are called free cultural works or simply free works. These works have to allow anyone to:
- Use the work in any other way, for example examine it and see how it was made.
- Change the work in any way, for example add different music to the movie. You can also do everything above with the changed version.
- Give the work to others, for example your friends, or even sell it to someone.
- Use the work personally without limits, for example watch the movie.
The artist who creates something can make it free by adding a free license to it. Most famous free licenses are Creative Commons CC licenses. However, not all Creative Commons licenses are free some for example prohibit commercial use or changing the work. The free CC licenses are CC0, CC-BY and CC-BY-SA.
- enterprises. Although free markets are commonly associated with capitalism within a market economy in contemporary usage and popular culture free markets have
- free settlers were people that chose to go to New Holland now Australia They were not forced to go there, as the convicts were. The English free settlers
- Culture jamming is a tactic by consumer social movements to either disrupt or subvert mainstream cultural institutions. It is also intended to expose
- Students for a Free Tibet : History and Culture Archived from the original on 2008 - 05 - 03. Retrieved 2013 - 04 - 17. Students for a Free Tibet homepage This
- owner of copyright. Writer Journalist Lessig, Lawrence 2015 - 11 - 13 Free Culture ISBN 978 - 82 - 690182 - 0 - 2. Networks of scientific papers This short article
- Translation in New York City Choosing the Perfect Translation Agency for your Company Adapt your Translation for a better Understanding of Inter - culture
- Kansas at the time. These were those who were pro - slavery, abolitionists and free - staters. Bleeding Kansas, fought over the issue of slavery, was a precursor
- Free running is a sport that means doing jumps with difficult movements in the air and cross a tour with obstacles since in the parkour. These jumps name
- of the Albanian language and culture Archived 2005 - 12 - 17 at the Wayback Machine Albanian language family tree List of free online resources for learners
- single government or ruler. They did, however, have a common language and culture The Greek language is an Indo - European language. There were a number of
- body Low context culture High context culture Locality disambiguation State disambiguation Natural environment Causality Context free Context - sensitive
- for example. African American culture was born in the United States and is distinct from any single African culture African - American is a term that
- of all ages. With lifestyles and regimens freer than those of most sports, surfers comprise a unique culture Though surfing is practiced in many other
- nations, that are connected by similar languages and common history, and culture Latin Germani is first used by Julius Caesar. But the Germanic tribes
- Pakistanis were influenced by Perso - Arabic culture they saw Bengali culture as too closely associated with Hindu culture One of the first groups demanding the
- World War II Heuss was the first Minister of Culture in Baden - Wurttemberg. He was one of the founders of the Free Democratic Party of Germany after WW II.
- Scotland Scottish objects, culture and history and the Royal Museum science and technology, natural history, and world cultures The two buildings are
- not - so - distant future society with a culture of extreme youth rebellion and violence. It satirizes trends in youth culture that were around in the 1960s in
- approximate 1.5 million visitors to Monterrey, and is mostly free of charge. The Universal Forum of Cultures project was born in the year of 1996 in the city of
- one culture Most of the Philippines were Buddhist, Muslim and Hindu empires. The Spaniards came in 1565, and brought with them Spanish culture They
- Right to education free primary education for all and equal access to secondary and higher education, which should also be as free as possible. Education
- would be exposed in between three and four years. Barkun, Michael 2003. A culture of conspiracy: apocalyptic visions in contemporary America. Berkeley: University
- wonders of the world. The might Victoria falls. Zambia is a melting pot of culture and diversity yet to be appreciated with at least 72 spoken languages.
- as those who left the Cape Colony during the 1800s to live in the Orange Free State, Transvaal. They did this to escape the British rule, and the wars
- Chinese culture Professor Yu Ying - shih of Princeton University wrote that Li s books helped a whole generation of young Chinese students become free from
- Gullah were able to keep parts of their African culture but were also influenced by North American culture The Gullah people speak a creole language that
- written about The Destructive Impact of Uranium Mining on Native American Culture He has spoken out at many international conferences about victims of uranium
- literature stronger in developing international understanding and world culture to fight for freedom of expression and to act as a powerful voice to
- groups of Native Americans came together in Florida. Much of Seminole culture comes from the Muscogee Creek people from Georgia and Alabama, who made
- an invasion by the Mongol Empire. March 9 Augsburg becomes an Imperial Free City. Ravensburg also does in the same year. June King Rudolph I of Germany
Users also searched:
culture, Free, Free culture, free culture, creative works. free culture,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →